Cynthia Libert, M.D. & the Caring for the Body, PLLC Team
Pandemic Update September 2021
I hope you and your loved ones are well. It has been quite a tumultuous period in human history since the pandemic was declared in March of 2020. We have all been coping and trying to make sense of the various events and unrest in our world.
I have done my best to educate myself about COVID-19 through voracious reading, educational webinars with my peers, personal discussions with my colleagues, and attending continuing medical education with my professional organizations.
As a physician, it is my first instinct to want to help every patient in any way that I possibly can, especially in a crisis. I have done my best to answer your questions and guide you through the uncharted territory of COVID-19. However, my specialty is preventing and treating CHRONIC disease and helping people to build stress resilience and create vibrant health. To refocus my time and energy in serving my patients within the functional medicine model, I have decided to clearly define my practice as follows:
I do NOT provide the following services in my practice at this time:
- Urgent medical care for acute COVID-19 illness
- Prescribe pharmaceutical drugs for the prevention or treatment of acute COVID-19. This may change in the future if drugs are approved and supported by the FDA, CDC and the medical regulatory organizations.
Please note that I cannot:
- Provide a medical exemption for a COVID-19 vaccine (except in the case of documented allergy to the injection ingredients)
- Provide a medical exemption for a face covering requirement unless there is a significant medical reason that would make wearing a mask unsafe.
As you know, I do not serve as a primary care physician, but rather as a functional medicine consultant alongside other members of your health care team. If you are currently a patient of Caring for the Body, PLLC, and do not have a primary care provider (PCP) please seek one as soon as possible. Please reach out to our office if you need assistance in finding a PCP.
Due to the high levels of the delta strain circulating in our area, we are currently conducting most patient encounters via telemedicine to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus to our patients and staff. We are offering in-person visits to those who need a physical examination. I enjoy connecting with my patients in person and look forward to resuming normal operations as soon as possible.
Here’s how I CAN help support your health:
- Consult about COVID-19 cases, including a discussion of whether or not monoclonal antibody therapy is indicated and/or advisable.
- Recommend lifestyle medicine options to optimize your overall health and reduce your risk factors for severe COVID-19 illness.
- Treat chronic disease with a combination of naturopathic/integrative/lifestyle/functional medical interventions, spiritual counseling, and prescription medications if needed.
- Help you prepare your body for the COVID-19 vaccine, if applicable, and manage side effects.
- Guide the functional medicine treatment of post-COVID-19 illness (long haul COVID-19 syndrome)
Please read the full notice here: https://caringforthebody.org/pandemic-update-september-2021/